The main objective of the Training, Communication and Publictaion Unit is to promote improved technologies through training and material development for increased crop productivity.
• Training of agricultural workers in improved technologies through short courses
• Production of agricultural extension materials such as Crop production guides, Flip Charts, Farmers' Hand books, Fact sheets and Video clips
• Trained over 100 research technicians and extension officers from nine African countries in crop management research
• Developed and conducted a tailor-made seed course for seed officers from Benin
• Conducted collaborative courses in seed production and marketing for over 100 participants from 12 West African countries
• Developed and conducted local collaborative courses in roots and tubers (cassava, cocoyam, sweetpotato and yam) for over 150 participants from MOFA, CRI and SARI.
• Produced and distributed over 100,000 instructional and extension materials ( Crop production guides, Flip Charts, Farmers' Hand books, Fact sheets and Video clips) among farmers, NGOs, MOFA staff and Institutional libraries